Friday, April 08, 2005

The End is near...

Ahhh...only 17 more days left of school. CRAP...I'm so screwed with my final exam schedule... this is the first time in my university career that i'll be finished exams in the first week. The time in which I don't wan't to be done early and just maxmize my remaining time here....

I'm gonna really miss Campus Crusade, its so hard to find people ( a community) who are so honesty, gentle and blunt. They really push you and stretch out your faith. I regret wasting my time in the past just sitting around and doing nothing. I can honestly say that this have been my best year at the University. So blessed to have been in a leadership study with Shawn and to meet up with Chris H. once a week. So blessed to have "lead" or facilitate a worship team that really wants to experience God on a continous basis. Even the times when we don't feel like to pray or worship, but we still pray and worship, not because its something we have to do, or should do, but because its our calling as Christians. He is merciful!

(Side Note: I just find it really funny how tithing works the same way with our time, This was my busiest year, 3 major group project classes with atleast 6-7 meetings a week (each meeting takes up 2+ hours). Yet, I still had time to lead a bible study, facilitate worship, be involved in a leadership study, build into the younger and older people and to go out sharing...and yet still have time to study. WOW! God is really good! So many times, I needed to cut something out, but man God is so faithful. When you honor God, He WILL honor you)

I know coming from a pentacostal background, I had at times looked down at some christian communities as Campus Crusade, being so prideful and shrugging their ideas off (self-righteousness) cause I already "know" them. As a pentacostal we emphasize on pursuing the gifts of the Holy Spirit and do alot of things based on emotion. When I get really emotional and just being real with God (not saying that this is the only way to get real with God), I always get prideful and very cocky. (God forgive me and continue to forgive me!) Emotion is GREAT, don't get me wrong, and yes I am still pursuing the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but it is as EQUALLY important to know the Word. To read your bible, pray and SEEK/PURSUE/HUNGER GOD on a continous basis. (Yes, I've heard this stuff thousands times before...but sometimes its takes that thousand and one time to hear it before it really sinks in and take it to heart)

Thank You God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I just stumbled on your blog while doing some research for one of my finals projects, and I just want to say thanks for putting your blog up - it is so uplifting to read about other peoples' thoughts and experiences during our walk with God on this earth. Hang in there brother, and keep your eyes on Jesus Christ, and I know you'll have an awesome life - it is so great to see your zeal for whatever it is He has for you. :D