Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Its better to ask questions... stupid organic coffee

So it was my turn to buy coffee for the office. I've never bought coffee in a bag before and as I walked in to the coffee shop, "Higher Ground" in Kensington. I was completely clueless as I was hoping for some sort of display or sales section on bagged coffee. There was nothing but a long lineup, and so yeah I just lined up. Trying to make sure that I won't look like an idiot, I began to think of questions to ask the workers there. Its funny, because as my mind became consumed with these thoughts, I wasn't paying attention and it was my turn and yeah, I wasn't ready so I blurted out, "Do you guys sell coffee?" The girl looked at me weird, like if I was lost, stupid, mental or something.... probably thinking 'of couse we sell coffee...its a coffee shop afterall...stupid idiot.' Well probably not that extreme, but I quickly threw in my next question before I gave her a chance to think further. "I mean, do you sell bagged coffee"... and "whew" what a relief. And then came the technical questions and not to look stupid this is how I answered...
girl: would you like organic coffee?
me: umm..sure

girl: what size?
me: what size do they come in?

girl: 1/4 pd, 1/2 pd and pd
me: umm..sure

girl: pd?
me: umm..sure

girl: umm.. ok...Grind or beans?
me: grind

girl: Medium or Dark Roast?
me: medium

girl: Ok..that comes to $15.50
me: umm... what???

Yeah, so I ended up paying $15.50 for a pound of coffee. I would have cancel the order but the lady was grinding the beans for me...

I did drink the coffee and it tasted alright, nothing special compared to other coffee...*sigh*...

1 comment:

Leo said...

hahaha....

you've become the coffee slave! hahahaha