Thursday, March 09, 2006

Across the waves, across the seas, seperating you from me...


Ok... this is not a love poem... sick....

So I got a call from a good friend last night. A friend I haven't seen nor heard from since summer. He's on the otherside of the world, mastering a language in which I've been trying to master my whole life...

Anyways, we were talking and catching up with our lives and sharing on what God is doing and wow, just hearing him I can sense a change in him. As we were exchanging stories, it was so encouraging to hear how through the struggle of change, loneiness, lack of direction (him being stuck in a foreign country) that God is using him and confirming things along the way.

Yesterday afternoon (yes... at work) I came across this passage in Romans. I remember memorizing this scripture a few years back.

Romans 8:28- "We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose."

But this time I let my thoughts dwell on it...and yeah if I were to re-write this verse, it would translate to:

"Disappointment, failure, and suffering are simply facts of life. But for those who are actively following God, He can turn disappointment and tragedy into new life" (Sam's version)

Ahhh...yes... NEW life...

and now... time to move forward...

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Blasphemy! I'm calling the Vaticans.