Friday, October 14, 2005

The dream is gone...lost another one...

So some jerk placed a bid on my guitar, well its not my guitar anymore...nor did I put a bid on it, but it was to be my guitar.

This was suppose to be me -> Imagine this:

Scores of women, may I say good looking women, screaming in adoration. Laser lights and fog effects. Bandmates in awe, staring at centre stage... all waiting in anticipation. Suddenly the noise gets louder, stage lights are all focus at the centre. And *BOOM* fireworks flying here and there. And then... the dream is gone, it will never happen... darn.

Darn, I'm really disappointed that I didn't bid on that thing. Deals comes and goes...just have to wait on the next one.

Anyways, this morning as I was walking from the train station to work, some JWs approach me. Being deeply hurt by my lost, I just wasn't in the mood to deal with them, and man I was a jerk to them this morning. "Confess your Sins and Repent or go to Hell!" I screamed.... ok that was actually in my head, but I was this close /-------/ (put your thumb and a finger on the two dashes) to saying it. Instead, I just politely told them that I wasn't interested and headed to work....

So I sit here by my desk just thinking... really thinking. You know it really got me thinking about that thought I was so tempted to say. So yeah thinking, thinking. I think alot of us Christians are arrogant, selfish, prideful jerks. The hardest thing for anyone of us (christians or non-christians) is confession. Not only confession to God, but confession to people. If I could only apologize to all those who have been hurt by "Christianity". Hurt by the mix of politics with the message of Jesus' love and grace. The fact that alot of people won't listen to the message of the cross because of people like me, who know Him, carry our own agendas into the conversation rather than just relaying the message that Christ wanted to get across. Man... I am sorry. This hurts, man I'm sorry. I am sorry.

2 comments:

Jonny said...

That's a good dream. Good deals come and go... but... by the time you realize those deal's will never come back, you'll be rich enough to afford a brand new one.

Sorry I told you to hold off man.

Kaili said...

Hey Sam,
thanks for the lines..
Hope you're doing better by now =)
Take care and let me know when you're on campus! We'll catchup :)