Friday, June 17, 2005

Interesting.. very encouraging

Man sometime I wonder about my future and stuff. Is the working world really for me right? Or am I call to greater things?

The answer is both. We all sometimes get that "greater calling" sense whether in: career, music, ministry, work, school, etc.... I think thats what makes us human. However, I think that above all this, our sense of greater purpose is something thats in still in us from our creator.
Yes, we all do have a calling. Though we may not think that current situations that we're in may have any purpose.. but it does... Most of us know Jer. 29:11 verse by heart, but if you look at the verses before hand its pretty interesting.
In Jer. 26-29 Its a chapter that talks about the Israelities and the situations they were currently in... under oppression from Babylon...but the Lord said in verse 7 "And work for the peace and prosperity of Babylon. Pray to the Lord for that city where you are held captive, for if Babylon has peace, so will you." (NLT) I mean..WOW.. even under oppression.. work
for the propersity of their captors, pray for them, for when they are blessed so are you!
Wow... so yes, before I get too off topic... Israel under oppression was a calling.

And once we fulfill that calling we will move on to other things... "For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you ...(Wow! :) there is that word again, "prosper")...to give future and a hope".
What a promise! Man! Lord, I AGREE with that promise! I AGREE with the plans that you have for me! I AGREE with the future you have for me! Lord, I AGREE! (...why bothering disagreeing eh?)

What a father! There is nothing we can do to make God love us more, yet there is nothing we can do to make God love us less. Thank you Father!

No comments: